Sunday, February 22, 2009

My interview from a blog friend!

One of my blog friends, A Little Bit of Us , did an interview and I thought it sounded like fun. She asked if anyone wanted to be interviewed by her and I said yes! Here is what she asked me :)

1) Sommer seems like a sweet little girl. Any more babies in the plans?
Yes! I can't wait to have more babies! We wanted to have our kids 2 years apart but then James got on this kick about babies being born in the beginning of the year. Something about most of the great athletes are born Jan-March and babies born in November & December are disadvantaged in sports. So now our plans have changed to try for a baby that will be born at the beginning of next year... so stayed tuned :)

2) I worked in a real estate office for a few years and loved it. I always contemplated getting my realtor license. What made you decide to go that career path?
My grandparents use to own one of Regina's biggest home building companies so I have always been around the realestate market. I loved the lifestyle that they lived and how flexible it was, so when I wasn't enjoying University I decided to give it a try! I loved being a Realtor but I decided to let my license go since I was focusing on being a Mom and having more kids and the fees you have to pay as a Realtor are very expensive. Now I work for our own new home building company - Trademark Homes - so I am still in the market in a way. New homes has always been where my heart is at so I totally LOVE my job now. Not to mention I only work 3 days a week now :) It's wonderful!

3) How long have you been with James? How did you meet?
James and I have been together since May 2003. We got engaged after 6 months of dating (December 2003) and got married August 2004! We met at Canadian Bible College where we both did our first year out of highschool. We didn't really hang out while at College but at the end of school we started talking and the rest is history!

4) When you get a little bit of kid free time, what's your favorite thing to do?
Hmmm.... kid free time?? Wow... has it really been that long since I had a moment to myself??? I honestly don't know how to answer this question as Sommer is usually always with me :) But I like to go shopping and go to Chapters. I LOVE to read books so that is usually what I do with my "free time". HomeSense is a great place to go for an hour and find some good deals.

5) There are so many new restaurants popping up in the city. What's your favorite place to go and eat out?
I wouldn't say that I have a FAVORITE place to go. But we do like to go to a few over & over again. We like Brewsters for wing night/40% off appetizer night, we like Houston Pizza for their lasagna special, we like Joey's Only Seafood anytime, we LOVE Red Lobsters for special occasions, and if it's REALLY special then we love Golf's Steakhouse!

***********************************************************************************
If you would like to join in on the interview, follow these directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me”.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions

1 comment:

Jillica Jang said...

Great ides Melissa. You can interview me!!!