Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby Bentley and Baby Update

Another Monday night in the show home so I might as well keep everyone updated on what is going on in our lives!!! So much has happened this past week!!

The biggest news is that we have a new family member - Bentley McCullough has joined our crazy household. Bentley is a 3 month old Miniature Pinscher who has endless energy! I have always wanted a Min Pin and our local pet store had Min Pins and I just couldn't pass him up. There have been days where I have wondered what I have got myself in to but he his absolutely adorable so it makes up for all his accidents and mischief! Lexis seems to tolerate her new brother and Sommer is absolutely in LOVE with Bentley! I honestly forgot how much work puppies were - I think a newborn was easier than a puppy! He doesn't really sleep through the night unless he is in our bed in my arms - something I am not too fond about. Just like a newborn....

We went to our doctors appointment last Thursday. Turns out there is nothing wrong with us - really??? My levels are all perfect and James is good in his department. I am not sure what the heck is wrong, haha. So now we start a treatment called Clomid and pregnyl. Here is what it is - Clomid is a pill that I will take on days 3-7 of my cycle. This drug encourages strong and healthy follicles to grow. Starting on day 10 I will go through a series of ultrasounds where the tech will measure the size of my egg that will be released during ovulation. Once that egg reaches a certain size and ovulation will be occurring soon I will be given an injection of Pregnyl, a drug that causes ovulation to occur within 24 hours. This will allow for intercourse to be timed with ovulation. Quite the science involved! We will try this for 4 months and then if we still aren't pregnant we will move up to the next stage of fertility treatments - hopefully this won't have to happen. One exciting thing is what when on clomid your chances of twins is 10%! Wouldn't that be something!!

So those are the 2 major developments in our lives this past week. Just thought I would update you!

2 comments:

Yuriko said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see photos of your new puppy.

Louise said...

Hi neighbour! I've been stalking your blog too, since I saw the link on your facebook page (& I'm a blogger too) so I'll let you know that I was 'here' and leave a comment :)

I wish you all the best in your journey & you're in my prayers! Happy Baby Making :)

Hugs