Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Well, this blog has been a long time coming. I just want to thank everyone who has lifted us up in prayer and has been so encouraging to us over the past two years as we have been on our fertility journey! What amazing friends you have been and we/I have been so grateful for all your support! It is with great JOY that we announce we are EXPECTING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!! At the end of January, due date is January 29th, we are expected have a new addition to the McCullough family! God Is Good!

God Is Good, yes, he really is. It is actually kind of humourous as we found out we were pregnant the month before our fertility treatments were suppose to start. I had my prescription waiting to be filled. I took off the month of May from all charting, temperature taking and anything being "timed". I found it was funny that I had no idea what day of my cycle I was on and when I finally looked at a calendar I was day 34. I took a test and sure enough, I was pregnant!

We have had 3 ultrasounds and at each one the baby has been healthy with a strong heartbeat! Last week was our 12 week (3 month) ultrasound and it was amazing to see our perfectly developed little peanut on the screen with 2 arms, 2 legs and loud beating heart. How long I have been waiting to see that image - it was a moment I will never forget!

So thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your love and support. Please continue to lift us up in prayer throughout the next couple of months as this baby grows and develops. This baby is a miracle and such a blessing, I thank God every day for this special opportunity to carry another child and to one day meet this gift from God.





7 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats!! Isn't that something that you got pregnant right when you let it go for awhile. So excited for you guys. :)

theRachel said...

Big congrats, Mel & James!

Saffron said...

A beautiful baby already!! So happy you are able to make this big announcement!!

Jillica Jang said...

congrats you guys!!!!

Jillica Jang said...

Congrats you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Truly happy for you, Mel!! Praying for a healthy baby!!

Lorraine said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy and excited for you!
God bless y'all!!