Monday, April 05, 2010

HELLO!!! I AM BACK!!!

Easter Sunday with Mommy and Sommy - Annual picture by the piano

Silly Sommy with Daddy - What a goof :)


I ran into a friend of mine at a baby shower (HI HEATHER!) and she told me it was time to update my blog! I guess she is right - so much for my New Years Resolution!!?!

This past March has been an absolute CRAZY month for our family! We got back from a Caribbean Cruise and our month went into full swing. We packed up all the junk in our house one weekend, cleaned it the next, sold it the weekend after, participated in The Spring Home & Garden Show for Trademark Homes, and just opened up our Show Home this past weekend. It has been a whirlwind month! Now I am working Monday nights in the Show Home so I plan on updating my blog when it is slow in the show home - plenty of time to think!

As I mentioned, we sold our house!!! The market has picked up in Regina so we wanted to take advantage of the spring market so we decluttered the house and put it up for sale. 4 days later we had multiple offers and accepted a full price offer with a July 31st possession. We are currently building a house in Lakeridge for us to live in while we build our dream home at the acreage we bought last year. I am not necessarily a "Northender" but I will always give something a try once - especially when there is money to be made. So we plan on having that home finished by the end of July so we can move right from our home in White City into Lakeridge.

Sommer is growing up so fast - crazy how that happens. I looked at her today and realized there is no baby left in her. Sometimes I could see it in her cheeks or her eyes but not now. As you can see from the above pictures she has turned into a beautiful (if I do say so myself) little girl. Her hair is curly and she cheeks are so plumb and her little eyes are a deep dark brown. I just love her! The things she has come up with lately really crack me up. I love watching her try to put things together and make sense of the world around her... I love learning how a 2 1/2 year old thinks the world works. Just priceless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa: it is great to have you back. I really love reading your blog and hearing about Sommer and seeing pictures of her. She is growing up so quickly. She is beautiful. I am praying for you guys. It was great to see you last week. Love, Heather

Lorraine said...

Love the pictures of Sommer at the piano. Just great!