Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Caribbean Cruise 2010



I just loved our cruise so much! I just want to go back all the time. Such good weather, food, friends... ah, the life. We went on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise that stopped at Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas US Virgin Islands and St. Marrten which is a Dutch/France owned island.
Our cruise debarked from Cape Canaveral, Fl. and the weather when we left was so chilly! Lucky for us it did warm up quickly once we set sail.

Our first stop was Nassau and there we visited the Atlantis Hotel - what an awesome hotel!!! You could easily spend weeks there and never be bored with all it has to offer. We took an aquaventure package where we got to use the water slides, pools, beaches and go to the aquarium. The water was a little cold in the water slides and it was a cool breeze that day so I did spend lot of time on the beach chair - soaking up the beautiful sun.

After a day at sea we embarked at St. Thomas. It is such a great clean and friendly little island. It is the busiest of all the islands so no celebrities were spotted (I am such a celebrity junkie). There we did a snorkeling adventure which was so much fun! The first location we swarm right beside sea turtles, fish, string rays, and a barracuda! And I mean RIGHT beside! Such an awesome experience. The next stop was at a shrip wreck which I thought was totally creepy!! We also fed yellow finned tuna and those suckers are aggressive. Some of you may know that I have a phobia of fish and unfortunately James and our guide thought it would be funny to throw pieces of shrimp at me so that the tuna would attack me - needless to say I didn't last long in the water at that location.

Another day at sea and we arrived at St. Maarten and let's just say that was.... ummm... interesting? St. Maarten (the french side at least) allows European Bathing (*COUGH* NUDE BATHING!!). We didn't realize this until we were debarking from the ship and arrived at the beach. Lucky for us there was no NUDE bathing but the young women beside us in the beach chairs did participate in topless bathing!! I made sure James had his eyes on his book or took him out to lounge in the bathtub temperature water. Thankfully the girls were getting a bit burnt on their chest and had to lay on their stomachs for most of the afternoon. It was a different experience let's just say! Not my style.... that's for sure!

It was a nice vacation with our friends. We missed Sommer so much and I feel like she got so big while we were gone. She stayed with James' parents for 4 days and my grandparents for 5 days. She was spoiled, out of schedule, and played out by the time we returned. I can't wait for next year!!!

No comments: