Friday, September 26, 2008

Looking Forward To The Weekend!

For some reason today felt EXTREMELY long. My morning started off with waking up at 8 am when I got up, I woke up Som at 9 am and headed out to the church at 9:45 for our first Moms group! My playdate friends had been meeting at houses and in the park but today we met at Living Hope Alliance Church where there is TONS of room for us to bring friends, etc. It was awesome - 13 of us Moms and 15 kids! Such a great way to spend my Friday mornings :)

This afternoon was pretty low key with Som napping 2x and me cleaning up the house... I feel like I am always doing house work now that we have moved into a bigger house. I couldn't keep my 12oo sqft house clean, what made me think I could keep a 2000 sqft house clean???? Oh well, I feel so much better and can function clearer when I have a clean house. I also made 3 suppers this week!!! That's probably the most I have EVER made in 1 week. For those of you who know me you understand that is a VERY big accomplishment because cooking is a weakness of mine and something I have been trying to work on. I wish I could get some cooking lessons... just some tips on making family friendly meals that are quick 'n' easy!!

Lately I have been more tired than I have never been! Even more tired than when Som wasn't sleeping through the night or even more tired than when I first brought her home from the hospital. Maybe 11 months is harder than a newborn - man, can an 11 month old move fast!

Sommer learned the stairs yesterday. She can motor up them no problem! We have also taught her how to come down the stairs on her tummy! It's too cute to watch! She is really good at going up them but going down she sometimes forgets she is on the stairs and get's a little over confident but I have always been right by her so she hasnt fallen yet. This evening I was in the upstairs bonus room area and James was suppose to be watching Sommer and the football game. As I am putting toys in the box I see this little (and beautiful) face peek around the banister... she had escaped from her Dad's watch and climbed all the stairs on her own to come and visit me... needless to say, we will be purchasing a baby gate ASAP!

Well, I feel as though I am rambling... better sign off and head to bed! Good night friends!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

The playgroup was fun! Thanks for inviting me :)