Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Introducing Mara Ruth!!

Welcome to the world beautiful Mara Ruth! Our niece has arrived 2 weeks early but the timing could not have been better! I talked with Jen on Thursday evening at 5 pm because I wanted to get the McCullough Family Cook Book emailed to me so I could print it off. Jen said she was having some cramping but nothing out of the ordinary and that she was ready for this baby to come. I said it would be awesome if the baby decided to come over the long weekend as James' parents were already planning on coming for a visit and we could easily hop in the car because we were having a pretty laid back weekend. Jen phoned us at 7 am the next morning to say that the baby girl arrived... I could hardly believe my ears! I kept saying, "Seriously?? No Really?? I just talked to you before I went to bed!!!"

Her water broke at 1 am Friday morning so she had a shower before leaving for the hospital which would be a 40 min drive into Winnipeg. They left for the hospital at 2 am, arrived at 3 am, was pushing by 4 am and had the baby at 4:30 am! What the heck??? How come people are soo blessed with good, uneventful labours?? I would have loved to have that labour instead of my 15 hour labour!

So we went out on Sunday morning, arrived around 3:30 pm and went straight to the hospital. As soon as I got to the room I got to hold my precious niece Mara, and Sommer started bawling! So I went over to her and she wrapped her arms around my neck and cried, "Mama! Mama!" So I ended up giving the baby back, holding Sommer and then taking Sommer to meet her little cousin. In the end she was fine with me holding the baby but it did take a few minutes. Gave me a little insight to how Sommer would react when we bring our next baby home.

Mara was out of the hospital by noon on Monday so we were lucky enough to spend the day with them before driving home around supper time. We thought it would be a good time to leave because we would be at Brandon around 8 pm, grab some supper and stretch, and then put Sommer in her car seat and she would sleep the rest of the way... WRONG! Sommer cried from Brandon to Indian Head! The longest hour and a half of my life. "Mama! MAAAAAMA! Mama mama mama!" I would crawl to the back but that would make her so mad because she just wanted out of the seat. So in the end we drove in complete silence hoping that she would forget we were there and fall asleep. My poor angel!

Well, the baby is adorable. The mom is doing great! And our family can't wait for another baby to arrive!! If I was okay with having children in the spring/summer I would totally try for another but we do too much stuff in the summertime that I dont want to bring a baby along for. So, here's hoping to another fall/winter baby!




Our house had a major mix-up yesterday when the wrong carpet was shipped and installed. I know, BRUTAL! James didnt notice until the were completely done the upstairs which was very unfortunate. I came home and almost cried because I do not like the carpet that was installed. What makes it so bad is that I dont HATE the carpet but I dont LOVE the carpet... I just dont like it... is it liveable, PROBABLY.... I went to the carpet place early this morning to clear everything up. Our carpet (the right stuff) is sitting somewhere in Winnipeg so it will be shipped on Friday and we pray it will be installed on Monday. The Granite Guy hurt is back yesterday so our counters will not be installed until tomorrow, so everything is being pushed back a couple of days. Yes, unfortuantely we will not be in to our house until sometime next week. My sister comes on Wednesday so she may be helping us move into the house instead of helping me decorate. But I figure what's 2 more days.... ugh!

Soon enough we will be back to living in our own house and not living out of boxes in the basement of Garnet & Sharon's house! If only it was this weekend.....

2 comments:

Jen Wilson said...

Congratulations on your niece!!

Melanie said...

To bad about the carpet. Enjoy your new house once you do move in.