Monday, October 06, 2008

Birthday, Bobcats, and Big Girl Chair

Yesterday was my birthday - the BIG 2-4! Haha. I can remember when I was 19 I thought that 25 years old would be when I made it to adulthood and you are mature. HA! I am 24 and have been married for 4 years and have a daughter who is almost 1... I think I have made it to adulthood but maturity... that one is debatable and depends on the day (and possibly who you ask). Excuse the horrible birthday picture - ugly!

Baby Brandan Bobcat! James family (some of them since there are 6 kids, Mom and Dad) came down to watch his sister Christie Anne (holding Som's hand in the pic) play in a basket ball tourny at U of R and also celebrate my birthday. Sommer felt so important when she was standing with the team. She even stretched with them - too cute!

Sommer LOVES auntie Christie Anne. Christie Anne has been lucky enough to see Sommer lots this fall, something that doesn't usually happen.

Grandma Cheryl (James' Mom) loves Sommer and teaching her new things! She is the one who gets credit for teaching Sommer to clap and will probably be the one who gets Som to walk! Sommer hates walking for me - why walk when you can crawl as fast as a cheatah? She could totally walk if she wanted to but she is a speed crawler and is too busy for the walking stuff. But I'm not too worried - like her hair, walking will come eventually!

Sommer LOVES uncle Sammy!! She gets the biggest smile on her face when he comes into the room and speed crawls right to him. Uncle Sammy can do no wrong. He is so good with her too - I love seeing their friendship and bond get stronger each day :)

My Grandma (the one who lives next door) is going on a cruise this week (for 3 weeks around Rome, Spain, etc.) and will not be here for Sommer's birthday. She wanted to get Sommer a little leather recliner and searched EVERY WHERE but could not find one. So sad! She did find Som a little chair and Sommer LOVES it! She doesn't know how to get in it yet and get's very upset when she wants to sit in it, so hopefully she will learn soon. This morning she sat in her chair and drank her milk - she is growing up too fast!

No comments: