Saturday, October 18, 2008



This past week I have been once again overwhelmed with the fact that my baby is turning ONE. I keep thinking to myself about where the time has gone. I feel as though I did not cherish enough of the small things and did I write enough stuff down to remember later on. People always told me to cherish every moment/memory because before I would know it she would be turning one, well the time is just around the corner and I am on the verge of tears.

Honestly, it seems like yesterday I was writing her a letter begging her to come out! Hard to believe that was a exactly a year ago tomorrow! I can remember so clearly how bad I wanted to see her and find out her personality. Man, does she ever have a personality!

The video above was the first video taken of Sommer about 1 hour after she was born. James and his parents were in the NICU watching Sommer and marveling in how cute she was. James was such a proud Daddy, he just couldn't get over how "cute" she was. One thing that amazes me was her ability to suck at such a young age... I really wish I could have been there in her first few hours to breastfeed her. Hopefully my next baby will have a safe delivery and be able to spend the first hours of their life in my arms.

One another note - Sommer learned to walk last weekend! So much fun :) She had never stood before on her own and we were sitting in James' sister's living room and all of a sudden we looked and Sommer was standing there. I took her and balanced her while James called her - sure enough she took 6 steps to him! By the end of the weekend she was walking from person to person or object to object. This weekend she is getting much better. She has a bit more confidence now and will walk all over the place. Yesterday she figured out how to stand up from the floor all by herself. So here comes trouble :)

We are at James' parents house this weekend in Outlook. We came to get our piano from them and also to attend an alumni Basketball game (which James' is playing in) at his high school. Every October they have a Home Coming weekend for alumni and present students. Tonight there will be fireworks, so I am excited to take Sommer! We will get her all bundled up for the event... she probably won't even care.

Hope you enjoy the cute video!

2 comments:

Sheena said...

Mel,
I watched that video and I just about teared up when James was talking about/to her and rubbing her...he looked so proud!

Melissa Denise said...

He was and still is one proud Daddy! She has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger - from day one!