Sunday, November 29, 2009

And our slogan came to life...


The 13th man makes all the difference.

That is the Saskatchewan Roughriders slogan. And tonight it has come true. But instead of referring to the fans it was unfortunately an extra player on the field that ended up costing SK the game. We are big Rider fans in our house. We are 2nd year season ticket holders. We are jersey owners (all of us - including Sommer). We have the flag flying on the side of our truck on game day. And although I have been a season ticket holder for 2 years it wasn't until this year that I actually got into the action! But now I love it!

My "friend" Tina's (and I say friend loosely because we have never hung out, but we met at Baby Signs classes and we talk on facebook... does that count as a friend???) husband is the Offensive Co-ordinator for the Riders, Paul LaPolice. They showed him at the end of the game and it pretty much broke my heart... his face showed defeat, shock, and sadness. I know to many of us this is only a game but to the players and the coaches this is their job, their career, their LIFE! My heart goes out to them.

The Riders had a great season and they should be proud. We are the Western Final Champs and we were the underdogs in the Grey Cup and gave Montreal a run for their money! The Riders worked hard and played hard all season, so I am not mad at them, just mad at an unfortunate mistake that should have been avoided. So, congrats Riders! Thanks for a great season! I am looking forward to next year!

No comments: