Saturday, November 28, 2009

Every good and perfect gift comes from above.


Maybe it's the fact that I am celebrating another Thanksgiving with my family or maybe it's that I have been sharing more lately about the difficulty we're having getting pregnant but I am realizing more and more what a specially little girl I have been blessed with already. Lately I have been just overwhelmed with the amount of love I have for her and how special she is to me. I notice every little thing about her - how she smiles, laughs, jokes and how her baby teeth on the bottom are a little crooked. I watch her while she plays and I am overcome with this feeling of pride - I am proud of the little girl I am raising! She does have her moments, like every 2 year old has, but when those moments are gone she is an angel.

I loved being the one she ran to tonight when her baby feel off the chair, tears in her eyes, because things were not going the way she wanted. I loved being the one she said "bless you Mommy" to after I sneezed. And I loved it when she said, "Mommy, you're funny!" after I said a joke and everyone laughed. I love her indepent spirit and how she wants to try things on her own. I love her little tickles she gives me on my back. I love her sweet little voice and her big brown eyes.

I love holding her hand while walking down the sidewalk. I love that today we dressed the same - a sweater dress, tights, and we both had our new suede dress boots on. I love hearing her say my name first thing in the morning, her little arms wrapped around me neck while I carry her to snuggle in our bed. I love hearing her say "I 'oooove you Mommy" while I tuck her in at night after a hard day of playing. I love that she has her Daddy's face and she is a true "little McCullough".

Sommer completes me. She completes us. She is what makes us a family. I look forward to the years to come: watching her grow up, discover new things and eventually discover new things apart from us. But right now I am honored to be the one to teach her new things and have her rely on us for protection. I can't imagine my life without her, my baby, my angel. I know now that if for some reason my "life plan" doesn't work out the way I intend it to then I will be okay. Because God has given me Sommer, and every good and perfect gift come from Him.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

What a great post! I love how she fills your life with such joy! We all love her very much!