Tuesday, November 03, 2009

What a month!

What a month!!! I feel like October just flew bye! I don't even know where to start the update! Well, let's start with Sommer turning 2! AHH!! I have a 2 year old - does that make me old? Because all of a sudden I feel OLD! I know, I am young, but I feel like my baby is gone and now I have a little girl! She had a really fun birthday weekend and was of course spoiled as ever. She had a family party on Friday AND Saturday and then had some little friends over to celebrate on Sunday. She got lots of colouring stuff (a new favorite activity), some play-doh (another favorite activity), clothes, books, a new wagon, and the list could go on!

Here is the birthday girl with Mommy! I love the shirt she wore - my mom bought it for her! I don't think Sommer understood what it meant to be "the birthday girl" but when you ask her how her birthday was she "blew candles" out. Okay, fair enough, you did blow candles out! Turning 2 was not a huge deal to her because ever since she turned 1 she told people she was 2. So now maybe she will tell people she is 3?

Daddy and the birthday girl - what a special bond these two have! For those of you who know James you know he is "all boy!" But this little monkey has Daddy wrapped around her little finger! He will do anything for her! It's a good thing that Sommer loves all his toys. When she sees a motorcycle she will say "Daddy see! Motorcycle! Vrrroooom!" She is a girl after his own heart!
This month we spent some time at the family farm. Papa Sam took us for a hayride (minus the hay) one warm Saturday afternoon. We had such a fun time and Sommer really loved it!

Here is Sommer on the hayride (minus the hay...). She is getting so big! She likes the tractor when it is not running but is afraid of it when it makes noise. If only we could have had horses to pull the hayride....

Here is my little Tigger! She had so much fun at our church carnival! There was a dino bouncer, which she was scared of, but love the face painting and of course the food! I love seeing her with her church friends - seriously, it makes the hard decision of switching churches worth it!


I already know that November will be a BUSY month in our household! I look forward to sharing and keeping you in the loop of what's going on in our house!