Friday, May 30, 2008

Farewell Gma & Gpa!

Today my grandparents move out to Emerald Park... the house beside us will no longer be theirs and for the first time in 2 years we will no longer be neighbours. What a weird feeling it will be to not have them beside us. I can no longer call on Gma to watch Som while I shower or watch Som while I unpack the groceries from the car or to run to their house when I need ice or milk. I know I sometimes complain about the lack of privacy but in all honesty it works out quite nice having them close. We now share a backyard with complete strangers so Lex is off to live with Gma and Gpa in E.P... we can't have her pooping in the new neighbours backyard or scratching at their back-door to be let in. I almost dont want to go outside because it's no longer our shared backyard and I just may have to say "hi" to the new people, the ones who are living in my "grandparents house". Our house has a conditional sale on it, we are just waiting for the new owners house to sell, so hopefully it's not long before we join them and return to being neighbours. Until then... I will smile politely at these new neighbours and probably will not spend much time in the backyard...

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Oh, you will miss them...but not for that long. Your house looks wonderful. How fun that you are building again.

Blessings. See you Sunday
Lorraine