Friday, August 29, 2008

Is the house finished yet???

So this house REALLY needs to get done soon because I am not sure if I can take living with the grandparents for too much longer! Okay, so we have only been here a week and it's not that bad but they get up sooo early! Sleeping right below their room is a morning nightmare because they LOVE to walk around with their shoes on in the morning - and by morning I mean 6:45ish. Sommer is in the room beside us and I often lie there and pray that she will keep sleeping through the clomping that's going on above my head. Why - someone please let me know - WHY people walk around in the morning with their shoes on!!??

The house is almost done. The kitchen has been installed, the hardwood floors are finished, the travertine tiles have been laid in the bathroom/laundry room, and today the masonary guys are putting the stack stone on the fireplace. The carpet is being installed on Tuesday on the 2nd floor and in the basement, the granite will be in next Wednesday and then the baseboards are going in on Friday! OH MY GOSH!!! The cleaners are booked for Friday and moving day should be the next weekend :) I feel like this has been the longest year and a half of my life and the end is finally in sight. Ill post some pictures soon!

Kristi, my sister, will be here on Sept. 10 -16 and I can hardly wait! She will be the first person to sleep in the new guest room - you should feel honored Kristi! I can't wait for her to come and help me decorate and watch Sommer while I unpack boxes... I hate unpacking!!

I should get running here and clean up the basement since my grandparents are having company over to watch the football game this evening. Ill post later when I have more time :)

Happy long weekend!!

1 comment:

Jen Wilson said...

6:45 is not morning. It's the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! haha

I'm glad your house is almost completed, and hopefully it'll be done on time!