Friday, October 19, 2007

Dear Daughter

I AM SLOWING GOING CRAZY,
1-2-3-4-5-6 SWITCH.
SLOWLY AM I GOING CRAZY,
1-2-3-4-5-6 SWITCH!
Dear Daughter who resides at "just below my rib cage/ just above my pelvic bone":
I checked and it is time for you to come out. You have been inside long enough and you need some fresh air. It is not good to stay in the same position for a long period of time. My mom, your grandma, use to tell me that if you stay in the same position for too long you will end up looking that way permanetly and we really don't want that. I am sure your legs are getting cramped, infact I know they are because you are constantly stretching them out into my side. Not that I'm complaining, I love it when I can grab your little foot and tuck it back inside, but it is kind of getting painful now you are so big.
Your free ride is coming to an end. I can't carry you this way forever, you know. There comes a time when you need to be a big girl and brave the real world on your own, without my body acting as your sheild. But don't worry, I will still protect you and hold you. Just in a new way. It's an adventure that we can go on together, trust me, you'll love it here. Your daddy is patiently waiting for you to come out of hidding. He is a patient person, but I wouldn't test him too much... when he wants something he wants it NOW! So if I were you I would hurry up... who knows how much longer I can keep him calm.
Your big girl bed is waiting for you! In fact you have 2 beds, you have options! Every girl LOVES options! First you have a dark cherry wood bed that is very comfortable. It's every girls dream really. And you also have a smaller bed that you can sleep near me in. We can have sleepovers and stay up into the wee morning hours and have "girl talk". I'll make you a midnight snack, and if you are still hungry you can eat again at 4 am if you want! You call the shots, but you need to come out to do so! You should see your closet full of beautiful clothes! Daddy says you are spoiled. If you come out now I can take you shopping and buy you a new outfit. Again, you really need to be able to pick which colours you like on your own, so hurry up!
These past 9 months have been fun! Thanks for teaching me so many news things and always being there for me. I have loved our Yoga classes and Aqua fit classes, and also our PreNatal class. We have been to so many fun things already and there are more to come! If you liked Yoga and Aquafit we can do those again, but we need to register soon... not to pressure you or anything! Your big sister Lexis is waiting to play with you. She looks different than you, so don't be alarmed, she is adopted. But she loves to give kisses and snuggle so you are in luck! If you find her too much just let me know and I will give her a gentel scolding. She is really just a big ball of energy and love. I tell her every morning that you might be arriving today, so please don't make me look like I don't know what I'm talk about... come now!
Here are a few travel tips I thought you should know for your journey:
1) When you see the light, tunnel for all its worth!
2) You only have a short distance to travel, so try not to take too many rest stops along the way!
3) If you get scared half way here, please don't turn around and head back. I'm waiting for you on the other side!
4) I will have a thick blanket and some warm milk waiting for you when you arrive. You can have a quick snack and then head to bed. You'll be exhausted from the journey!
Well daughter. I hope I have convinced you to come ASAP! I'm waiting for you on pins and needles. I can't wait to meet you in person. I love you so much already!
Your anxiously awaiting Mother,
Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mellie you are so sweet. You put a tear in my eye. Sommer is very blessed to have a mommy like you. I hope she comes soon!

chelsea rae said...

melissa, you are so cute!!! i am so excited to read a blog that says, "she is finally here!"