Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy 4 year Anniversary James!

Hard to believe 4 years ago tonight I was lying in my bed thinking "I am getting married tomorrow". Now I am to awake to sleep because my mind is racing and all I can think about is how much has changed in 4 years. When we started out as a young married couple, James 20 and me only 19, I don’t think we fully understood what all we would accomplish together. Sure, we had dreams and goals but so does every young married couple. We wanted to finish university, get jobs in our specialized fields, have children, buy a home... but look where we are now. Some of the things we deemed important have changed, our outlook on life has been modified, but our values and beliefs have remained the same.

We both decided that University - as great as it is for some - was just not where we needed to be and we decided to pursue careers in the areas we were passionate about. For me that meant following in my grandmother's footsteps and becoming a Realtor - Helping people find the houses they love and assisting others in selling a place where memories lie. For James it meant opening his own consturction and home building business, being able to build a home he was proud of for our clients. God gave us similar passions and we are very blessed to be able to work together and value what the other person brings to our family company. 4 years ago our company was not something we even imagined, today it is something we both are proud of.

Four years ago we were not thinking of having children anytime soon. Today we have a beautiful 10 month old daughter who is the light of our lives. Her determination in learning new things comes from her Daddy while her firey attitude and short patience unfortunately comes from her Mommy, her beautiful features come from both although most people say she is a spitting image of James. The responsibilities that come with parenthood are sometimes trying but always rewarding and neither of us would trade it for the world. We both value family and know that we want many children because children are our hope for the future. They are the pride of their parents and we can not wait for our family to grow.

My husband has big goals and even larger dreams and I honestly believe that he will reach every one he sets in his life. He accomplishes everything he sets his mind to, I don't think there is something he can't do. His determination in accomplishing everything he starts allows his dreams to become reality. The love he has for his daughter is unconditional and heart melting - Sommer has grabbed hold of her Daddy's heart strings, the bond they are creating is unbreakable. He is a great provider for our family and works very hard to allow me the opportunity to work part time so I can spend quality time with our daughter. The sacrifices he makes do not go unnoticed, each day I am reminded how how much he loves us.

4 years ago I married my best friend and set out on a journey together. Today we are continuing on that journey - joined by a daughter and dog - excited to see what God has planed for us in the years to come!

2 comments:

Jillica Jang said...

Happy Anniversary James and Melissa. I hope you can actually take time to celebrate this day.

Jen Wilson said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many, many more wonderful years together!