Thursday, August 14, 2008

I am a superior housewife!

I am VERY surprised that I scored Superior on a 1930's houswife test! Seriously?? To be honest I dont think I am a superior housewife. I HATE cooking so much... it's honestly something I dread doing. If I had lots of money I would hire a chef to come and cook supper every night. I can do breakfast (Fruitloops work for me!) and lunch (Mac n' cheese is great) but for supper I will stare in my pantry and see nothing that works. Last week I cooked 3 meals for us and this week I have cooked 1... dont even ask me what's for supper tonight. My mom is always on my case to get me to cook, she is a good cook and always had supper on the table - where did I go wrong???

As for cleaning, that is something I can do no problem. I love to organize and straighten my house. I heard that the state your home is in can say a lot about a person and I believe that. Decor is important to me and I love it when my house looks good. Now, I am not saying that my house is always clean because it's not. But I do like it when it is... I always feel so good when it is straightened. That doesnt mean I dust and scrub my floors - oh no - it just means that everything is "tidy" not spotless.

Laundry is my constant tug-a-war... I dont mind doing the laundry but I HATE putting laundry away. I wish I was Kate Gosselin from Jon & Kate Plus 8. She does the laundry and then has someone come and fold it and someone else puts it away. Now I dont have 8 kids but still, if someone would come and put my laundry away my life would be grand! There are times where we have lived out of the laundry basket for weeks and weeks... it's not that hard to put away!

I am a good mom I would say, I love taking care of my child. I like to take care of my husband but I also thinks he takes care of me. Sommer is my responsibility, I am the mom in the house. I make sure she has stuff to eat and milk to drink, she always has clean clothes to wear. If she is up in the night then I get up with her and I also put her down to bed every night. James helps out by changing her diapers or feeding her food and he is a great help. He never complains when I ask him to do something and does so willingly. I don't expect James to get up with Sommer in the night because he has to work the next day and needs his sleep - I stay home and therefore can handle the night time needs. I put Sommer to bed every night and that is our bonding time. I rock her to sleep in the chair and give her a bottle, it's something I don't want to give up. James can put her to bed if I am not home and she will go down for babysitters too, but bedtime is my special time and usually I miss it if we dont have it. Luckily I have a great husband who loves his daughter too, parenting is a shared role in our family but I think that I oversee the department.

Well, I better get back to my housewife duties! I guess packing falls under this cateogory today...

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Melissa, This is the sight for you. Karin is doing this and it is really good! She says the meals are very good and has really made a difference in her grocery bill. You only have to pay for three months at a time and Karin says you save that in how the meals are planned. anyway, it is a suggestion to help you with your meal time struggles! Hope it helps.

http://e-mealz.com/index.shtml