Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Thanks for coming mom and dad!

My mom and dad left this morning at 5:20 am back to Portland. We were very lucky to have them here with us for a week and now my house is so quiet. Sommer got very spoiled with her grandparents. My mom taught her how to give high fives, we worked on sign language (she knows "more", "all done", "hi", and "bye"), went to the lake, and out for supper to Regina Beach. I love it when my parents come to visit us here in Regina, it's nice to show them what we have been up to and where we spend our time. Unfortunately our new house wasn't complete but they got a great idea of what it looks like since it is at the painting stage. Next time they come they will have their own suite downstairs so they don't have to shower amoung Sommer's bath toys and sleep in the room beside her. They spoil Sommer so much but it can only be expected when their granddaughter is so cute! My sister is coming to visit in a month (Sept. 10-16) so I am aiming for then for our house to be done.

Jeremy and Sheena have moved out of the basement so we have the house to ourselves. It makes me less stressed to think that half the house is ready to move since there is nothing in the basement that has to be taken care of. Now if I can get the upstairs packed I will be off to the races. I took down the pictures in the living room and kicthen/dining room today so my walls are starting to look bare. I hate packing so much but my mom told me that it is going to take a while to get this house in boxes. I can only imagine how long it will take me while having to entertain Sommer!! Luckily she can go to daycare when I need to pack so I will have to power pack during those times. Yesterday my mom and I cleaned out all the closets and put unused stuff into bags for the Diabetes Foundation Clothing Bins. I took 4 industrial garbage bags full of old clothes ovr to the bins so my closet will be much easier to pack now.

I should get some packing in now that Sommer is napping. Thanks for reading my blog and keeping up with my life!

Melissa

1 comment:

Jillica Jang said...

One thing that I have taught all my kids is the sign for please and thank you. That way it is engrained early that they need to say it. Natoei still signs please while saying it. Amos already knows all done and more. It sure is handy for our babies to be able to tell us what they want without screaming!