Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby Fever Has Hit AGAIN!

I got that loving feeling - BABY FEVER HAS HIT AGAIN! I feel like everywhere I look there is someone who is pregnant or has just had a baby. And now I want one. I am dreaming of that smell - that newborn in swaddling blankets with milk on its tounge smell. Is that really a smell? It's a wonderful smell to me! Sommer would be 21 months if I got pregnant right now. We had always said that we would have our babies 2 years apart so 21 months sounds perfect to me!

James took the 2 year difference literally - meaning the next baby should be born in October as well. WHAT?? That's not what I meant at all... I was talking approximately. Who wants all their kids born in the same month? Althought it would make for easy remembering on the dads part, it would also make the moms job oh so busy! Planning 2 or more birthday parties in the same month!!?? That would be asking for trouble! And what if they were born on the same day??

As some of you know I am a HUGE Jon & Kate Plus 8 fan! The show that comes on after them has also got my attention lately - 17 kids and Counting (with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar). They have 17 kids and are expecting another one!!! HOLY CRAP! I dont have baby fever THAT bad... I think all they have to do is think about having another child and POP - it appears! I dont need 17 kids but 4 would be nice! If they all were as easy as Sommer was that would be awesome too... my precious angel (atleast she was today...).

I have been blessed with such a good baby that I have to pray that the next one will be the same. Some days Sommer does try me and does press my buttons but usually she is wonderful :) Although she has now learned what a temper-tantrum is we are working on calming down and asking for help from Mommy - I know, I know, she is only 1 but you can't start too early!!

Well I should stop dreaming about babies and pregnancy and get back to work... if I dont get any work done I am not going to be able to convince "the boss" that we need another baby. So congrats everyone who is pregnant or just bringing home that precious little bundle. I am jealous!

4 comments:

Sheena said...

I knew this was coming...

Melissa Denise said...

HAHA!
Lauryl gave me the baby fever and it hit me hard last night :) UGH!

Jen said...

Exciting that you are thinking #2!

Janelle said...

Having 2 kids in the same month is not so bad. Josiah is June 11/00 and Rebekah is June 19/02 (also our anniversary). Just think...if you have 2 kids in one month you can have joint bday parties (at least for the first while lol).