Wednesday, November 19, 2008

POOP! (WARNING T.M.I.)!

On Monday Sommer was feeling under the weather. She was acting normal and playing fine but she had the poops. (THERE MIGHT BE T.M.I. COMING.....) She woke up in the morning and I took her downstairs to play while I made her some eggs for breakfast. When I was done the eggs I picked her up and put her in her highchair... I looked at my hand and it was COVERED in POOP! She started screaming in her chair and I tried to calm her down while washing my hands. I went over to her, picked her up, and poop was EVERYWHERE! I am talking highchair, diaper, down her legs, spilling OVER her diaper, up her back... EVERYWHERE! I didnt know what to do... it was like my mind totally blanked! I set her down to stand on her own but all she wanted to do was sit! Bad idea... it spilled all over the floor. Now I have a dog trying to smell everywhing, a baby covered in poop screaming... and I am standing there like an idiot wondering what to do next!! So I took her upstairs (praying that it wouldnt get on my carpet) and plopped her in the tub (diaper and all). Figured that was the easiest place to clean it up. UGH! After cleaning her up in the tub, cleaning the tub, and getting her dressed I went downstairs to tackle the highchair! That took forever! Luckily the rest of the days diaper changing sessions were not that eventful... but still gross. It was the type of day that you think, "why cant you pottytrain a 12 month old!?!"

I am hoping to get some christmas shopping and decorating down this week and next! I am so excited to decorate for Christmas... I dream of decorations :) I am thinking of putting the tree up next week just to get in the whole christmasy mood! I have no ideas what to buy for Christmas presents - except for James. That I have already thought of... now just to go and do it!

I should get to work here! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Jillica Jang said...

Amos once had a poop that went all the way up his back under his armpits and up the back of his neck. It is amazing the things Mom's can handle.