Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Returned to work!

Today is the day! I am back at work now - 24 hours a week! I put exclaimation marks in my last 2 sentences but really I am not that excited :( I have loved only working 2 afternoons a week, my 8 hours of freedom sometimes. But Trademark needs me as they are very busy! I am now working 3 full days - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I am going to enjoy my Mondays and Fridays off! Many people would love to only work 3 days a week and I have to remind myself that. I am blessed to be able to work for my husband's company.... there are some perks to sleeping with the boss, haha.

While I am at work Sommer is at a new babysitters. This lady - Tanya - is amazing! She has her education degree, is a mom to a 4 year old and a 1 year old, and is so loving and welcoming. The minute I met her I was excited for her to watch Sommer. She takes them outside to play in the yard, to the park, does crafts and has yummy meals for them. She is just great! Sommer cried when I dropped her off this morning so my heart was breaking. James texted me and asked if I had called yet to check on her - mainly because I think he was missing her - and I told him no. I cant bring myself to call incase something is wrong... but if something was wrong I'm sure she would call me.

I should probably get back to work here before one boss calls to check on me (or ask what's for dinner) and the other boss returns from his lunch meeting....

1 comment:

Heather Wallace said...

I feel for you, Melissa! I have been fortunate enough to be home since John was 1.5, but that first year was hard for me even though I knew he was with a woman who absolutely loved him! God is gracious, and Sommer will be making friends and loving her caregiver in no time! Enjoy working for your hubby! LOL!