Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Big Night Last Night!

BIG NIGHT LAST NIGHT!!!

Oh Ya! We parked in the garage last night for the first time EVER! James and my grandpa decided at 7:30 that they would clean out the garage (which was so full of crap from building the house that we could hardly walk in it). They thought it would be a 1/2 hour job, but they didn't finish until 11:30! They brought the rest of the boxes inside, cleaned out all the garbage (2 full truck loads taken to builders bins), straightened up the miscellaneous objects that were still there, and then swept out all the dirt. Now, I would never have thought that it would take a 1/2 hour, but I have learned that you take the time that James says it will take and multiply by 3, and then you will get a better estimation of how long it will take. But in the end my car and his truck were parked side by side, all ready to spend the night cozy in the garage.
Also last night we gave my grandparents their Thank-you/Christmas presents. They have used the same luggage since 1960 and it is an ugly red leather suitcase. Every time they travel (which they do quite often) they get out the ugly red leather and jam them full of clothes. And it is not like my grandparents just travel to Moose Jaw or to places in Saskatchewan... they go on cruises, down south for 3 months, to my mom and dad's a couple times a year. So, James and I decided that we would splurg on them and get them matching luggage sets! They loved them and were so excited. And I made it clear to them that the ugly red leather suitcases that they had been using for 46 years HAD TO BE THROWN OUT!
Well once again I should go and get some work done at work.... We have another big night tonight, Trademark Construction's Christmas Party. Okay, who am I kidding? Conrad and Sheena are just coming over for supper... but we are trying to make it seem like a Christmas Party.

No comments: