Thursday, December 14, 2006

Too sad

My heart goes out to the less fortunate people in this city. Those who are dragged down by the demons of drugs and alcohol. I just had a man come into my office this morning and tell me that he left his kids in a van outside of white city and he needed money for gas. "White City?" I asked, "Sir, you walked past many other businesses to get here, we are half way down this busy street." He assured me his story was true, but I knew it was a lie. He smelt of booze and had vomit on his lips. He could hardly stand up and wore women's gloves. I couldn't handle him, I had to get someone else to help. Phil took over from here, questioning and trying to get to the bottom of his story. Phil phoned his friend who works on the reserve this man said he is from, the friend had never heard of him before. Another lie busted. Phil gave him $5.00, said that he knew he was being screwed, but it was Christmas. On his way down the hall the man fell into the wall. I just looked down at my computer, scared to make eye contact with him. He came towards me, like he wanted to tell me something, Phil told him to leave and he stumbled out the door.

No comments: