Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend Recap

What a weekend!!!!

This weekend was such a good weekend, I am so sad that it is over. Not that anything too exciting happened but I do feel like I got quite a bit accomplished! Let's give you a short recap:

Friday
On Friday James and I got last minute tickets to the Crawford Xmas party. And by last minute, I mean like 5:00 pm tickets were given to us and 6:00 pm the cocktails started. We love going to this Christmas party and were kind of sad that we would miss it this year. But just our luck we were able to go! Now I must admit that it wasn't as fun as previous years (especially last year's when Conrad and Sheena went with us), but it was still very good food. The Comedian this year was so brutal that I was ready to fall asleep. He was this Magican/comedian... so his tricks were bad and his jokes were even worse!

Saturday
We woke up at 6:30 am to drive to Outlook, SK for the day. Lexis had a vet appointment at 10:00 am, which went really well (She is healthy, has good teeth, and didn't flinch when she got her 2 shots). Another great thing about the vet visit was that we got some sleeping pills for Lexis!!! She is horrible to take on trips because she chases passing cars in the back seat and whines and jumps around. Now, we can handle this for about 2 hours, but not for 22 hours straight when we go to Portland. So Julie, the vet, gave us these wonderful pills to use and I am really looking forward to a peaceful drive down at Christmas.

James was able to spend the day snowmobiling around town while I napped on the couch and read my book (Dr. Phil's wife, Robin, has written a great inspirational book). James' uncle from Toronto surprised everyone this weekend and came to Outlook so we were able to see him and James' cousin Caitlin.

Sunday
We came back to Regina late Saturday night as we had to teach Small Groups at Church on Sunday morning. After church we came back and worked really hard on getting the house together! WE GOT SO MUCH DONE! We brought the washer/dryer in for upstairs, the washer/dryer in for downstairs, the fridge for downstairs and the stove for downstairs. Everything worked out great until there wasn't enough room for the stove to fit in the kitchen downstairs! The cupboards were made wrong, so we have to call Kitchen Kraft back to fix the cupboards! Oh well, they will come this week and make everything work....

I did so many loads of laundry yesterday it was unbelievable! This is the first time I have ever had main floor laundry (which happens to be right across the hall from our bedroom). Laundry now takes no time at all, and I look forward to doing laundry more often. I am a very lazy person, who can sometimes go 1 month before running out of clothes to wear, so there are times when there is a month worth of laundry piled up in the closet! But not anymore!!! I am now going to do laundry regularly and always have clean clothes! I am so excited.

Oh yeah! Another fun thing that we got this weekend was a glass top for our table! It is a custom made glass top that fits right over the table so that we don't have to worry about our table getting scratched or getting rings on our table. I was so excited when it came, and now I don't have to worry about ruining our new table, like I did our old one ( I put a pot on the table and burned a ring in it... opps!).

Well that's my update for this weekend. Definetly was a great weekend.... Later friends!

No comments: