Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Opps!

I had my first mishap in the house yesterday morning, and James will not let it slide. Usually when I put on my makeup I sit on the floor in front of a full length mirrior. That is how I have put on my makeup for over 15 years I bet. James and I have separate bathrooms now too, he uses the ensuite and I use the main bath because he is so messy in the bathroom and I don't want to be embarressed if someone drops by. So anyway, I now have to put my makeup on in the main bath and I just can't seem to find a way to get close enough to the mirrior. So I decided to sit on the toilet seat and put my legs between the toilet and the counter, that way I can look directly into the mirrior. So that was all fine and dandy, I finished my makeup and swung my legs out from where they were and I knocked off the toilet paper roll and holder! I didn't just knock it off, I RIPPED the screws right out! James came in and made me feel horrible. He said that I had to have some real force behind that, but the truth is I didn't even feel my legs hitting it! He was like, "Let me see the bruise you have on your leg now" (because I bruise so easily), and I didn't have one! So anyway, he refuses to fix it because he says I need to think about being more careful with the new house (who does he think he is? My father?).

So this morning when I was getting ready James poked his head in the bathroom and he checked the shower rod and the towel rod and said, "Looks like you haven't torn anything else off the wall... way to go." He was laughing but I was so mad!! I know he meant it as a joke, but that isn't really funnny. I told him if he didn't put the toilet paper roll holder back on the wall I was going to do it myself, which would be really scarey, or I would call the plumbers back to install it because obviously they didn't put any anchors in it or they hardly screwed it on! He told me the plumbers would just laugh at me and say that they don't come to fix things that people rip off the wall because they are careless.

In other news...

My friend Deb called me last night after viewing my blog and told me that I should put a plate under the plant that my mom sent me. Thanks so much Deb, I went home and did just that! See how handy this blog is, you guys can look out for me! Also yesterday we cooked out first dinner at the house (Chicken and Sidekicks). I am not really a fan of sidekicks, but James is so I eat them when he would like them. I have no clue what to make tonight... I am kind of craving a pasta dish.....

Well I better go and check my other friends blogs.... Be sure to click on the links at the side of my blog to view others. Shauna Archer has a great blog that she does from Dalat International School in Malaysia!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa...this is your cousin in law, heather (Married to shawn wallace) What is a sidekick, anyway? It was good to read your christmas latter...I am thinking of doing mine the same way...email makes it so easy to keep in touch and get to know each other! Have a great Christmas!

Melissa Denise said...

Hey Heather! Good to hear from you! I always check in on your MySpace... Sidekicks are pre-packaged noodles that you cook in 1c milk and 1c water. They are quick and easy... I like my own pasta better, but like I said, James likes SideKicks.