Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I got that "itch" again...

I dream about them and see them every where... what you ask?? PUPPIES and BABIES!!! I am having another round of what some people might call "the baby itch!" I think my problem is, like most mothers whos little baby have grown up and hit the toddler age, your little one is just too big now. That's my problem, Lexis (my dog, haha) is just growing up too fast. Now, I know I am probably not at the best point in my life to have a baby (just stating a new career, moved into a rather expensive house, etc) and that's why I would settle with a small dog. That way the dog doesn't grow up too fast and I get the baby stage LONGER! I have been longing and pining for a Mini Pinscher! Yup, the "King of the Toys" as some people refer to them. They only get to be a maximum of 10" and weight only 8 lbs when all grown up. How cute would that be? I have told James over and over again that Lexis needs a baby sister or else she will be like the spoiled only children in the world (sorry to those of you who are only children, I mean no offense!). They are currently in the paper now for $600, so if anyone would like to pick one up for me I would be very thankful.

As for the real baby itch, yes I do seem to have a bad case of it. James and I have been talking about when we would like to have a family and we both agree sooner rather than later. But with my job I really can't afford to have a baby in either the spring or summer, and it's probably not a good idea to have one in the fall either. Those are VERY busy months for Realtors. The best time would be November or December. So that means that I only have a small window of "opportunity" (to put it nicely) to get pregnant. Bring on the months of fun: February - April!!! (James would kill me if he saw that I wrote that on my blog!!!) But yes, we would like to start a family soon. My goal has always been to be finished having kids by the time I am 30, and that means I only have 8 years left to pop out 4 kids. Oh my goodness, I am not sure I am going to make my goal I have had since I was about 12 years old! I think I have some work to do...

Well, now that you guys all think I am crazy and you are all red in the face from reading this entry I better get back to work here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is heather wallace...i "popped out" 4 kids between the age of 22-30 - you can do it! LOL