Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Year's Resolution

My New Year's Resolution is to cook/bake more often! For those of you who know me well know that I hardly ever cook. It is not that I hate cooking, infact I quite enjoy eating great meals. I just am REALLY lazy! So I have been doing really well on my New Year's Resolution! James and I have decided that we are going to bake something most nights. And it just dawned on me that I am going to gain so much weight if we actually do that! So far we have ventured into making home-made cinnimon buns and this frozen creamcheese/coolwhip cake. Tonight we will be eating that lovely cake with some great fresh berries! Tonight I think we will bake cookies, I am definetly craving some chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies.

Here is the EASY recipe for the frozen cake:

Mix 2 cups of chocolate cookie crumbs with 1/4 cup of melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9" square cake pan.

In a bowl (or Kitchenaid :) ) whip 2 - 250 g cream cheese squares until creamy
Add 1 tub of coolwhip
Add 1 can of thawed concentrated fruit juice
Mix together till it is not clumpy or lumpy
Spoon over cookie crumb base
Freeze for a couple hours
Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving
Serve with fresh berries and chocolate sauce

ENJOY!

2 comments:

chelsea rae said...

good luck on this resolution! i don't have one yet...ooops too late...ha ha!

p.s. your hair looks so friggin hot
!!!

Melissa Denise said...

Thanks Chelsea! I like my hair too. The water is different here than at my parents house so I have a hard time getting it to look like that picture is.... oh well, I will keep trying!