Friday, January 26, 2007

I Love Regina! (Haha)

Hi Everyone!

I am still alive, althought I have a sore throat and my voice is a little bit scratchy. This past week has been long. It feel like forever ago it was Monday. The sad thing is I didn't even do anything fun or exciting. My evening have consisted of a lot of TV watching and lazing around. James and I have been taking Lexis for a run (she runs, we watch) in the field across from our house most evenings. She is so cute when she chases the rabbits. She chases them for a couple of minutes and then gets bored and sniffs something else. She gets a good 20 minutes of running around and then we head back home. Hard to believe that in the middle of the city we have an open field filled with about 50 rabbits.

Another exciting thing is how warm it has been in the queen city! I don't ever remember a time when in the 3rd month of January it reached +8! How awesome is that? James and I went to Wendy's for a quick dinner last night and there was this guy driving a convertable with the top down! I just can't believe it! Today is a little bit chillier, but at -10 I am not complaining at all. In fact, it is amazing!

I am really looking forward to the growth of our province of the next couple of years. Many people are obsessed with Alberta and BC, and yes, I was one of those people a couple of years ago. In fact, I always told my friends that I could not wait to get out of this city, let alone province. But I must admit, Regina is starting to grow on me. The city has been great to James and I. There are not many cities where 22 year olds could own a house, let alone build a brand new one. Saskatchewan has a promising future, and I am glad that James and I will be around to see what that future brings. The talks of population growth and city expansion gets James and I very excited, especially since our career choices are directly affected by city expansion and population growth. It will be sad in a way because I think our city with a small town feel (Regina) will be changed and we might be looking at becoming more of what Calgary is to Alberta. But change is good and I know more people are realizing what great things Regina and Saskatchewan have to offer.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: