Friday, April 20, 2007

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!




For those of you who haven't already guessed.... We are expecting :)
We found out on our vacation that we were expecting a baby and I have had to keep it a secret until today! Well, I know some of you already knew but we thought we would keep it exclusive until the ultrasound was done. And today was that day!
It was so exciting to go and see that little one just kicking and moving around. We went and had a 4D ultrasound, which is so awesome, and you get to see what they are doing and they look so real! When we were watching "him" (I am going to refer to it as a boy because that's what I think we are having...), he would keep putting his hands over his face and he would kick the around. Also, he jumped and had the hiccups. SO CUTE! I can't feel anything but it was so good to see the baby moving.
James was very happy that he came. He saw the baby on the screen and he saw the little heart just a beating. Wow, God sure is good!
Well I couldn't keep it to myself any longer! Especially with so many of you asking when I would share my big news. There you have it! Welcome little one :)
Love,
Melissa

8 comments:

Sheena said...

I am glad to hear that he/she is not listening to you when you were telling him/her to stop moving...sounds like James already!
I can't tell you how excited we are for you both and I hope you will let us know if there is anything we can do for you during this exciting time!

Anonymous said...

those pictures weird me out...but i am thrilled for you guys! you found out on your vacation?..i bet that makes for a good story...which i will have to hear! i am sure i will see you soon...congratulations!!!

Mike said...

That is so cool Mel. Big congrats to you and James. That is really great news.

Mike

Shauna Archer said...

awesome news!! dave a grandpa?? how cool :) enjoy your pregnancy - its a great time of life. blessings to you, james and the little peanut

Anonymous said...

Mellie I am so happy the news is out. It has been hard to sit on this one! Everytine I come to my computer I find myself taking another quick (or prolonged)look at the baby. What an absolute miracle! It is amazing how far technology has come to get such accurate pictures. I am over the moon in excitement for you! You will be a wonderful and loving mommy!
xo Deb A

Anonymous said...

One more thought...do you know about babysites.com? you can keep an ongoing journal of your pregnancy, post pics etc. Might be a cool way for your families to share your journey. Check it out. Perhaps with your blog it may be redundant.
Deb A

Sheryl said...

First chance I've had since I talked to you yesterday to come back and have another look at your Baby! How crazy is that? That little peanut is your baby!!! How are Grandpa Dave & Grandma Kim doing now that they've seen pics of Junior? What an incredibly wild and exciting time this is for you and James!!!! Have fun with it -- oh yah -- and be sure to get lots of rest!!! You know the stories I've told you about Jamieson waking up at weird hours -- to this day.
Later, Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your husband! Another blogger also just announced her pregnancy on her blog this week. Must be a baby boom right now, or something. Kids are such an amazing part of our lives! It will be interesting to read about what your thoughts regarding the pregnancy and then being a parent.

Blessings,

Ellie