Monday, April 30, 2007

15 week Update

Instead of starting a pregnancy blog, I decided I would incorporate it into my every day blog. Therefore you guys can learn right along side me! I'm sorry if these pictures are too graphic for some of you, but get use to it! This is the cycle of life and I am dealing with this stuff daily :) And I am afraid my blog is only going to get more graphic as I go progress!
Here is what is new with my baby this week:
  • weighs 2.5 oz (70 grams)
  • measures 4 inches (crown to rump)
  • legs are growing longer than the arms
  • fingernails are fully formed
  • all joints and limbs can move
  • the sex can be determined by ultrasound
  • the baby can still fit in the palm of my hand

I haven't felt the baby move yet.The "experts" say it doesn't happen until 16-20 weeks... what an amazing experience that will be! Hope you all enjoyed learning about my small little peanut while he is 15 weeks developed! 5 more weeks and I am half way there (wow! That's hard to believe!).

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Mel. This is probably a great way for you to relive all those memories when you are older, to be able to look back at your blog and see how things were going in your very first pregnancy. Good idea.

Mike

Su-Ann said...

Ok, Melissa, here I am! in Person! It is SO refreshing to hear people call this a BABY!! The heart beat is amazing to hear.. sometimes hard to find, as the little peanut like to move around.. and around.. and around. However, soon baby will be a bit more confined.. either that, or baby will do his acrobatic exercises, making you aware of just how little room you are allowing him!