Monday, April 02, 2007

Random Monday Thoughts :)

Today was my first sad day in real estate world. The first time a deal fell through. I should not get too upset because I know that it will happen many more times through out my career but it is always sad when it happens. Especially when you have put so much time and effort into making your client happy and being available when they need you.

Oh well, I can't dwell too much on that. The good thing is I have a great team support behind me who are keeping me busy with stuff that they can't handle. YEAH FOR ME! I was so scared that I would be sitting in my office, twitling my thumbs, for the first 2 months I was licensed. But that is not really the case. I have one firm sale, 1 pending a home inspection, and another offer waiting to be accepted. Plus I have about 3 leads on the go who are looking at buying within the next couple of weeks. I am keeping busy and not totally broke. That is a very good sign :)

This coming week is Easter. I think that Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It is a time that we relax and enjoy spring. We usually go up to Outlook to visit James' parents and some of his siblings. The smell of spring is in the air and I get to wear that first spring outfit to the Good Friday Service at church. Easter is just great!

At church on Sunday it was Palm Sunday. We listened to a song by Steve Bell called This Is Love, which was presented with a movie of the last days of Jesus. It struck me how at the final supper with Jesus and the deciples that the deciples just didn't understand that Jesus was going to die. He even told them that one of them would betray and deny him, and they just argued over who would sit at his right hand. I am sure that Jesus felt like yelling at them and saying, "You dumb idiots, don't you understand what I am trying to tell you???". But no, they were too dense! Hard to believe that he died on the cross for you and I, that brutal death should have been ours, but he took it instead of us. Now, that is Love.

At the grade 11 and 12 girls small group that I teach on Sunday mornings we talked about Grace. Grace is something that I think a lot of people have trouble giving. I, for one, don't have trouble giving grace, because in my teenage years I was given a lot of grace. I read this book, called "What's So Amazing About Grace", where a prostitute said she didn't want to go to church because she didn't want to feel worse about her life. How sad is that? I hate it when Christians are perceived as self righteous, judgemental, too good for other's type people. It is my goal in life to show love and grace to those who think that they don't deserve it. Because everyone deserves to be loved.

Okay, that is probably the most random blog in the world. I should get going here!

Love,
Melissa

P.S. - I am not proof reading this.... hope it makes sense

No comments: