Tuesday, June 26, 2007

23 weeks... and its jumping around while I type this!


  • The baby is now over 11 inches long!
  • It weighs just over one pound! (But that doesnt explain where my other extra 15 lbs are coming from, just kidding!)
  • It may be able to feel my movements now, so I should put on some tunes and dance around the house. (It sure was rocking out at Paul Brandt!)
  • No matter what race a baby is, he looks red now due to blood vessels showing through its transparent skin.
  • Its true skin tone will develop over the course of his first year.
  • Blood vessels in my baby's lungs are developing to prepare it for breathing, but complete lung development will take many more months. The lungs are the last organ to fully develop.
  • Its hearing is also developed, so mommy and daddy have to be careful what they are saying. Little ears are listening!
  • It is starting to hear a distorted sound of my voice, soon it will start recognizing my voice compared to others.
  • As I reach the 24th week my baby is becoming "viable", which means it has a chance to survive on its own in the case of early labour. (85% chance of survival with the right assistance)
  • It has started swallowing, but will not pass stool until until after birth.




No comments: