Friday, June 01, 2007

Anxiety... so many emotions!

20 week ultrasound today at 2:15 pm!

For some reason I am nervous... I don't know why I am. I am anxious to see the baby again, to connect with it and get a glimpse into its little habitat! It's the most unreal feeling being able to look into its little world. They have no cares in the world when the are snuggled into their moms bodies, relying on their mommy even from the very start. We can find out if it's actually a boy or girl today and I think that's part of my anxiety... I can finally know who or what is inside of me. Is it my son or is it my daughter? I can finally decide on a name and buy some clothes for it... so many changes can happen!

I feel the baby moving around a lot now which makes me smile when it happens. It's like a secret that I only know, a little connection between me and the peanut. I can already tell you that he/she enjoys coke/pepsi. Each time I have a sip of soda the baby jumps and moves. So when I want to feel the baby I go to the fridge and take a sip and moments later the baby moves! Unreal! I am eager for the day when James can feel the baby too. So far it's my secret, but I am ready to share it with others.

Lex was sick through the night last night. Poor baby girl. She was wondering around the house in the wee hours of the morning so I finally got up and brought her back to bed. But she rolled around and constantly changed positions. Then she threw up at 7:00 am and again at 7:40. I wonder what she ate?? I feel bad when she is sick because she feels bad too. She gives me good practise for being a real mommy. She gets time outs on the bed when she is in trouble and when she was little she did get us up many times through out the night... But I know things will be different when it's a real baby, but I honestly love Lexis like she is my daughter!! (Haha!)

Well, I got a book that I can't put down so I should go and read it! Have a wonderful day and I will post some pictures later on today!!! YEAH!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I can't wait to hear the results of the ultrasound, please phone and let us know when you can. We are in Saskatoon all weekend but I can't wait that long!