Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Long Night.... time for bed!

James is asleep right now, he went to bed early has he was extremely tired today and could hardly keep his eyes open.

I am just loving being in my second trimester. After having such a horrible experience with my first trimester I never thought I would be enjoying this pregnancy. But I was sure wrong! I am loving the stage I am at now. I can feel my baby dancing and moving inside me all the time, it feels like he/she never stops moving. It's a feeling that I don't think I can ever explain, only motherhood can explain what I am feeling. It's like a constant jumping in your stomach, soft little kicks from the one you love inside you, reminding you they are there. Ahhh!! I just love that feeling so much!

I had my 23 week checkup yesterday and everything is good. The baby's heartbeat was loud and strong. It even kicked the doctor when she was measuring me. I am now weighing 121 lbs, 3.5 weeks ago I was 114 lbs. I sure am growing each week! Hard to believe that I was around 106 lbs just 6 weeks ago, where does all this weight come from (don't tell me, I already know!)?

I go for my sugar test when I return from the states and I am not looking forward to that at all. For those of you who don't know what it is I will explain. Anywhere from 26 - 29 weeks you go to the lab and they take your blood work. Then you sit for an hour and drink 1 litre of this gross sugar juice. When you are done the sugar juice they take your blood work again to see your sugar levels. This checks for diabetes and other related diseases and since I am at risk, have diabetes in my family, they want to make sure I am really okay. Hopefully everything comes out fine because I really don't want to have to take the exam 2 times.

Well, I should get to bed here. My baby is jumping around like a jumping bean in my tummy and I need to hit the sack! Hope everyone is having a good day and has fun plans for the long weekend!!!!

Love always,
Melissa (& peanut)

No comments: