Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wow, I didn't throw up :)

Good Morning!

Yesterday was my 15 week doctor appointment check-up. Everything went ok, but I have lost 2 pounds in a month :( This is because I have been so sick, so the baby is growing and I am loosing! But I am now on a prescription so I stop throwing up all my food. I took it for the first time last night and guess what? I woke up this morning, opened my eyes, and didn't feel like I was going to loose everything! I got in the shower (I still don't have enough energy to stand in the shower so I sit down the whole time, haha) and I got out of the shower and still didn't throw up! Then I made myself some breakfast and I still have it inside my stomach! IT WORKS! Today was the first day in almost 4 months that I haven't thrown up before 10:00 in the morning! AMAZING!!!!

Also, yesterday at my appointment I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I was getting nervous because they couldn't find it, which is totally common being that the baby is so small and moves around, but right when she was going to quit she found it. So awesome. Mine was slow and steady and his was so fast, like 2x the speed of mine. Dr. T said he has a very strong heartbeat. That's my son!!! I rubbed it into James that I got to hear the heartbeat and he didn't, he said as long as it was beating he didn't care. But I know he is jealous of me!

I ran into a friend (okay, newer friend I have made) at Shoppers yesterday when I was getting my prescription filled (which by the way costs $90!!!! I hope my drug plan covers this!) and my friend invited me to attend PreNatal Yoga class with her. She is 18 weeks along, and I am 15.5, so we are pretty close together. I am so excited for Yoga!!! I called right when I got home because it starts this Friday and they had a spot for me. Yoga is suppose to be very good for expecting mothers because they teach you how to do deep breathing, stretching, flexibility, and concentration... all of which will come in VERY useful in the next couple of months. Also, we are going to be starting a PreNatal aqua class in July, so the two of us are going to be very HOTT and in shape prego's. Now, I just have to convince James to buy me a new Yoga outfit, haha!

I should head off to work here this morning, since I am feeling better and all... I have lunch with Steph Gladysz today to plan Lauryl Gerrard's Shower... those ladies who know Glendyne, I would really encourage you to come to support Lauryl. Even if you haven't met her, she is a great young lady, and we would appreciate it if a lot of women would come and show her how supportive Living Hope Alliance is! It's Saturday at 10:30, at the Gladysz's home. Hope to see you there :)

5 comments:

Sheena said...

Guess what...my parents just bought a 2003 Buick Rendevous, pretty ironic eh?

Melissa Denise said...

That's awesome! I will have to race them in my 2004, haha! What color did they get, mine is Navy! They must be the popular new thing to drive!

Anonymous said...

I guess my Yoga Hunting Duties are no longer needed hey Mel!! lol
So glad to hear you found a class!!! :)

Anonymous said...

sheen, i think ours is a 2004 too...however i would have much rather them get a navy one like yours mel...theirs is silver...bla.

Anonymous said...

none of you commented on how awesome it is that she didn't throw up yesterday!! Mel.. that is awesome. Hope today finds your tummy settled and allows you to enjoy this pregnancy!
sr