Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Why am I up?

I really should be in bed right now. I have not stayed up this late (10:15 pm, haha) in many weeks. James and I are early to bed and James is the only one early to rise. Yes, I can't complain, most days I do find myself in bed when the clock turns 8:30 am. All my pregnancy books tell me to sleep in as late as possible because my body needs the rest. So I take what I read seriously and sleep as long as I can. I just love it when the nights are warm enough to sleep with the window open, that fresh breeze blowing through the room and when you wake up the birds are singing! AMAZING! Welcome spring, I love you!

I have been so busy with my buyer clients these past couple of weeks. I can't wait for a couple of them to finally find the home they want to buy. I love my job so much but working with buyers can be very tiring. Especially because you are showing them houses when most people are finishing up the work day. But I won't change for my job for anything, I just hope great houses catch their eyes soon! If you know of anyone who is interested in listing their house and moving, please pass my name along to them! Me, and the rest of Regina, need more listings!!! I do give a referral pay for anyone who passes on my name (or gives me a name of a client) and they buy/list a house with me. Just keep that in mind, I always will give you something in return for your referrals. I appreciate you all!

This weekend is mother's day and I am trying to convince James that I am now considered a mother and must be showered with presents on this special day! James doesn't believe me though and says that next year will be my first mother's day, not now. Do I have to remind him that I am carrying HIS CHILD??? I have cut out the presesnt I want (a gold necklace with a diamond circle thing on it) and put it on the fridge. I hope every time he opens the fridge he feels guilty for saying he isn't getting me anything. Now, I know I am spoiled (I say blessed or loved) so I am thinking that I will get something. There hasn't been a special occasion pass where I haven't got something that I like. I just get nervous when he says he isn't celebrating mother's day with me until next year. That is not fair!

Well I should head to bed here and snuggle with Lexis, I mean, James. Ha! I am not sure how Lexis will take the new baby getting all the attention when it comes. She will be one jealous dog because she knows right now she is our baby. She is the only 50 lbs dog I know who sits on someones lap when they are watching TV. But we love her to peices! We even had to buy a new SUV for her because we take her absolutely everywhere with us and she never stays at home. Now some of you think I am spoiled... you haven't met my dog!

So, good night world!

Love always,

Melissa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you make me giggle!! Thanks for the early morning laugh, I need it today! Tell James that even though you don't have babe in arms, your body is mommy to babe in body.... see what he says to that. Tell him also, that while his part of this baby making is done for now, you have 5 more months to feed and house this little one, and if he wants the little one to have a better chance of being happy & content, MOMMY NEEDS TO BE HAPPY & CONTENT!

from - your breakfast partner yesterday

Mike said...

Hey Mel,

I would definitely say yep, you are spoiled and loved and spoiled. As for the Mother's Day gift, yup I think you are entitled. Maybe not the extravagant thingy you are talking about, but yup you are a "mom-2-be". Happy pre-Mother's Day.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Hey Mellie,
I agree ... you are a mommy. One look at the ultrasound pictures reveals that the baby is complete and wonderful, he is just living inside instead of out just yet.
Happy Mother's day!!
deb