Thursday, May 24, 2007

WOW! Hard to believe I am already 18 weeks pregnant! I can remember when I was only 8 weeks and I would look ahead into my weekly updates dreaming of the week when I will be sent the 15 week and 18 week update because the baby looked so developed! Well, I am receiving those updates and loving every minute of this pregnancy. I can say that now that I am into my 2nd trimester and on medication for being sick! Drugs can do wonders!

This past weekend I felt the baby move for the first time. I was lying on the floor in the 5th wheel and I stretched up to tell James something and my whole belly did a complete summersault on the inside. SO COOL! I screamed, of course, and then patiently waited for it to happen again. But it didn't. He must have just repositioned himself and then went back to sleep, silly boy. I have felt it since, but nothing like the first time. Now I feel little bubbles, that remind me of indigestion or gas. Nice little butterfly tickles on the inside of me.... how wonderful it is to feel new life inside you! If only James could experience what I am it would be great, but he has to rely on what I tell him.

Another thing I am noticing is how forgetful I am!! Last week I booked an appointment for these guys to come pick up or loveseat to get recovered. I woke up that morning and remembered they were coming, hopped in the shower and then left for work!! UGH! So, they called and said there was noone home and I convinced that I would be right there in 2 minutes, don't move! Then they phoned when they were finished and I said they could bring it back on Tuesday morning. Again, I remembered they were coming when I woke up but forgot about them after I was done my morning routine. Luckily I didn't leave the house this time, I just couldn't figure out who was rining my door bell... AND THEN I booked an appointment to get some highlights in my hair (highlights are safe, don't worry!) for yesterday at 4:00. At 1:00 I remembered I had the appointment but at 4:50 I looked at the clock and noticed I was almost an hour late. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! I am never one to forget an appointment so I can only blame this on the pregnancy. I have an appointment at 2:00 pm today and I can not forget to go!!!! I am reminding myself every time I look at the clock... I will let you know if I actually make it to it or not.

Well, I should go and find some lunch here since all I have eaten today is Banana bread that James made. Hope everyone has a good COLD May Day, what is up with this weather???

Love always,
Melissa

6 comments:

Sheena said...

That is so exciting that you felt your baby move!! When is your next ultrasound? Two weeks?

Melissa Denise said...

My next ultrasounnd is on June 1, next Friday. I will be pretty much 20 weeks (I think I will be 19 weeks and 4 days, so pretty close).

Su-Ann said...

aahh... melissa, you are cute. as for your weather... we are sending you our arctic winds!! so enjoy. and whenever you want, send it back, afterall, what is a few more inches of snow to add to the 8 feet still outside my living room windows!

Anonymous said...

that is an awesome feeling! how exciting for you. have a wonderful day.
deb

Mike said...

Hey Mel, to quote Tim....

that is an awesome feeling! how exciting for you. have a wonderful day. ;)

Are you coming to our Bloggers BBQ?

Anonymous said...

mike is hilarious! does his comment bring back fond memories mellie!
deb