Wednesday, August 15, 2007

So Sleepy!

What a week it has been! I am tired today for some reason and I am not sure why. I don't really have a good excuse for being tired, other than being 30 weeks pregnant, haha.

We had prenatal last night and it was on the stages of labour. James and I had a good discussion on the way home about the classes and what we are learning. I told him that I don't really enjoy discussing labour or watching videos of labouring women because it really scares me and get's me a little anxious. I just see how much pain and discomfort these women are in and think to myself, oh gosh, that's me in a couple weeks??!! It's kind of like watching someone take a massive wipe out or hurt themselves really bad and then think, "Okay, my turn!" James and I concluded that we should not really think about the labour until we are in it because there is nothing you can do about it, it's going to happen one way or another. James also said that he knows it's going to suck, but in the end it's only a couple hours of pain and then you have this little bundle of joy to love for the rest of your life! I think that thought alone will get me through it! Especially when you have been waiting to meet this special baby for 9 months, a couple hours of REAL pain is just a small price to pay for this precious gift God has given us.

Today I am having a bake/cooking fest with Lyndsay and Stephanie Gladysz. We are each bringing a recipe that we would like to try and we will all cook it together. I am bringing a recipe that I got from my aunt Christy, "Chicken Packets", that I have not made but have heard really good reviews on. Lyn I think is bringing a muffin recipe and I am not totally sure what Steph has decided on. I still have to run by Safeway and pick up the ingredients that I need for mine. Hopefully they have everything there!

James bought a new truck yesterday!!! It's honestly one of the nicest trucks I have seen and I am so excited to drive in it. It's a 2004 Dodge 1500, crew cab (4 door), Hemi (5.7 L engine) that is black in colour! We drove it around last night but I know that it won't be long until it is filled with dirt and junk like his Ford F250 is. Now Trademark has 2 trucks for on site and James can do other things in the day without feeling like he needs to be there incase someone needs to run and get something. It's good for James too because he really needs to start cracking down on his courses. James is taking the New Home Builders Course from the Saskatchewan Home Building Association. Trademark has already been approached by some people to build some new houses for them, so James is eager to start that project as well. Looks like there is no slowing down in the new home construction business, but that is really great for us!

James told me this morning that we have a mouse in our garage!! I almost jumped out of bed I was so scared. I asked him if he thought it was in the house too and he said no. He noticed this morning that the little pest ate its way through the garage door during the night so we have to be careful when opening the door that leads from the garage to the house. GROSS! The funny thing is James is scared of mice so if it is actually in the house we will be in trouble... oh dear, oh dear, the joys of living across the street from an undeveloped field!

Well, I should head on over to Safeway and get my stuff for the cookfest. Hope everyone has a great day today and a great rest of the week :)

Love,
Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell James that if there is mouse in the house Grandma Towriss can come over and take care of it for him. Congrats on the new truck and on the new business opportunities!
Love,
Dad W