Thursday, August 30, 2007

Transition Time...

Summer is starting to wind up here and it is very sad. I always feel like it is a time of transition over the long weekend, with people heading back to where they are suppose to be for the fall and winter months. But James and I stay put, watching friends leave. How sad.

Last night we said good bye to our good friends the Durance's. They are moving to Winnipeg today. They were pretty much our only friends who had children, and one was only 5 months old, so it would have been perfect for the coming year. Now we have no friends at our stage of life, parenthood. How lonely. There are no young couples in our church who are having babies, atleast none that I know of (please correct me if I am wrong). There are actually hardly any young married couples at all, and I wonder why that is.... James and I are starting to feel a little alone and are wishing for some young couples to connect with. There seems to be more young couples moving away than coming into our lives. Friends are something that I have began praying for, so feel free to join with me.

I should get going with my day here. Seems like the house is always a mess when you have company over. I never feel like cleaning up after they have left... so I must do this now. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Until later,

Melissa

1 comment:

Sheena said...

We are here and sure not going anywhere! Someday we will join in your parenthood adventure!