Sunday, October 21, 2007

Waiting... but not like Sarah waited!

I have been very impatient waiting for my baby girl to come. But this morning I was doing a lesson for my Beth Moore study, The Patriarchs, and was reminded about how long Sarah had to wait to give birth to her son Isaac. When Sarah was around 65 years old God promised her that she would give birth to a son. It wasn't until she was 90 that she actually gave birth to Isaac. WOW! I can't imagine how she would feel when that baby finally was born and she held him for the first time. Those must have been the longest years of waiting and trying to trust God that he will do what he said he would do. But one should never question Him, because he is faithful and will deliver whatever he promises. God doesn't forget, he just does things in His time not ours. This lesson helped remind me that God has a perfect time picked out for Sommer to arrive, I just have to trust Him.

No comments: