Monday, October 01, 2007

Almost finished!

The count down is on! Only 3 more weeks until my due date, which in turn feels like forever! I am definitely ready for this little lady to come into our lives. 9 months seems to have flown bye but at the same time it also feels like it has been a long time coming. I am glad that I have been able to blog through my experience and look forward to looking back on the posts with fond memories. Soon I will be blogging about late night feedings and poopy diapers... oh interesting and exciting!

This weekend we watched the movie Knocked Up. Funny comedy (bad language for those who are sensitive) about two individuals who meet at a bar and end up sleeping together and becoming pregnant. The scenes about hormones and crazy thoughts hit home and had me laughing. But the labour and delivery scene had me in tears and stressed to the max. I don't really know why I ended up sobbing but I did. James thought I was crazy but was compassionate at the same time. He said that we probably shouldn't have watched that movie but reminded me that labour is only a very short period of time in our lives... we will survive! I don't know why I get so stressed thinking about it. It's not that I think that it's going to hurt (I know it will, but I'm not afraid of the pain), I think it's more of the "unknown" that gets me all worked up.

Today is my first official day of Mat Leave and I am going ansy! Haha. I have watched t.v. and cleaned the house and now I am lying on the bed snuggling with Lexis :) I should get ready to go to the doctors though. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Sheena said...

http://ca.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-relationships/articles/parenting/divine/pregnancy_parenting-_labour_bag_checklist_-_labour_bag_checklist_

Check out this link!

Mike said...

Hey Mel. Happy Birthday. WOW 23. Congrats. Have a great day. Anytime you feel like doing a birthday lunch let me know...

Take care