Thursday, July 19, 2007

The baby's nursery!

This is the crib bedding I am getting... little Lambs in Sage Green!
This crib bedding is one sale, so that's mainly why I am getting it.
I like another bedding set too, but I will have to see the price...
This is the dresser/change table set I am getting.
It won't be in this oak colour, it will be in the same colour (dark cherry) and wood texture as the crib below.

This is the crib! I LOVE IT! It's a 5 in 1:
1) Crib
2) Day bed
3) Toddler Bed
4) Double Bed Headboard

5) Still trying to figure out what the 5th thing is, haha!
I can't wait to get the nursery set up! I think it will be my august project :) Not like it would take me long, but I just really want to get it started. Haha. Maybe if I just purchase everything then I will be happy and can have it sit downstairs until I am ready to set it up?? Who am I kidding? If I have it in the house then I will have it set up, I am too impatient!!
You would not believe how expensive some cribs are! I did fall in love with the one at The Bay for $899, but then I thought, the $350 one does the exact same thing and is just as nice. One nice thing is that I have a car seat and stroller already. Infact I have 2 carseats. My friend at work had a baby a year ago and gave me her carseat because her daughter grew out of it. It is very nice. And then my cousin has a carseat & stroller set (yes, they are expensive!) that she said she would give me because she doesn't use it anymore. She said it looks brand new and is in really good shape. So that makes me happy! I love getting a deal when possible :) I did have some people offer cribs but I decided I would buy a new, good quality one because we plan on having more children. I think investing in good furniture that will last is key. My mom and dad still use my dresser that they bought when I was a baby and have it in their hall upstairs. I would love to do something like that and pass it down to my chidlren if they want it. Like a little heirloom....
Well, I should get going here. I am not sure what I am going to do today. Maybe go to Babys R Us since my crib bedding is on sale?
Have a great day :)
Melissa

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

That is by far the most beautiful crib I've ever seen! You must be getting so excited!!!!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I like your long range thinking.

Anonymous said...

Mom said...
How cute! I like your long range thinking.

12:00 PM

Anonymous said...

I love your choices! You must be getting so excited. You look radiant in your new outfit.
deb