Friday, July 06, 2007

It's All About The Baby At Grandma Kim's House!

Well it's Friday, and you know what that means... only 4 more days of vacation :(
I have been having a good time here with my family, such a good time infact that I don't know where the days have gone and what we have done. Keeping busy sure does make the time fly bye!

Yesterday my mom and dad and I went downtown Portland and did a little shopping. My dad had these gift certificates for a "free pair of shoes" at the Dr. Martens store. I was a little skeptical at first over the "free pair of shoes" and figured there would be a price limit or some kind of catch. But no, the 3 of us walked into the store and picked out any pair of shoes we wanted. Yes, ANY PAIR OF SHOES!!! Is that not a woman's dream come true? After trying on probably 8 different pairs I decided on a sandal with straps that go behind me heel. I really wanted to get a slip on pair but I felt like the ones with the straps were much more comfortable and supported my aching back more. I am very happy with my purchase (well, it's not like I really purchased them...).

After going downtown we stopped at this 2nd hand store, which has really good quality clothes, and we picked up a couple maternity clothes and some baby clothes. The big sale was 50% off the yellow and green tickets so I got 4 really cute sleepers for the baby for around $1.50 each! That's awesome hey? We splurged ($3.99) on these cute pair of jean overalls and then we bought 2 little receiving blankets for $1.50 each. We just picked unisex colours (yellow and green) for the sleepers so they could go either way. Mom was so excited at looking at this stuff and buying it, she is going to spoil her grandbaby when it finally arrives. I also lucked out at the store, I got a pair of capris, 2 pairs of shorts, and a black long sleeve top, thanks mom!

Also, yesterday my aunt and uncle came over and brought some stuff that my aunt kristal sent home with them from their vacation. I got this thing (it's going to be hard to describe, so bare with me) that looks like a sleeping bag, that has holes to put your baby's feet through, that goes in a shopping cart seat, so your baby doesn't have to sit on the sticky or cold metal cart! WOW, you are probably all confused now. I also got a "BabyBjorn" snuggly that goes on the front of you and you can carry your baby in. It's really cute! I can't wait to have a little munckin to put in it!

Well, I am just sitting here in a really cute maternity outfit (long oversized pink flowing tank-top and black capri leggings with lace around the bottom, really it's too cute!) waiting for my mom to walk in the door. We are heading over to Fred Myers to look at their clearance rack because my mom wants to buy some undershirts and necessities for the baby, which I will take home with me. I love Fred Myers because they do free wedding ring cleaning and they are the best I have ever seen! I am always so embarressed to give them my rings but they sure do come back sparkling clean :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Stay cool Regina people, my weather metre on my computer tells me you are in 35 degree weather at only 1:15 pm!!! I am so glad I am not there... I would be SOOOO HOT!!! James is spending his days (when he is not working) in the pool. I look forward to joining him there next week!

Love always,
Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mel,
Did my weekly check and found that I've missed a lot this week so I caught up. I am so GLAD you are having a great time there with your family. What great pics!!!!
Shopping sounds good too! That back thing hmmmm annoying totally! Had that happen too and then one day it was gone -- we'll pray for that for you.
Oh yah -- you are a good wife taking care of James' birthday like that all!
See ya sometime when you get back!
Sheryl