Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sugar Test! GROSS!

I had my Gluctose Tolerance Test today at the Lab and it was so gross! For those of you who don't know what that is it's a lab test where they have you drink this huge bottle of concentrated syrup drink (tastes like orange crush) in 5 minutes! SO GROSS! Then you have to sit at the lab with it in your stomach for 1 hour. When your hour is up they do blood work to see how your body reacted to the high intake of sugar. This test screens for diabetes. I have diabetes in my family so they wanted to make sure everything was on track, but it is required for all pregnant women to do. I am so glad that it is over with! I have not felt good since I drank that drink....

PreNatal class last night was awesome. Sally is the funniest lady I have probably ever met in my whole life! She seriously had me cracking up the whole time. James enjoyed it, he listened intently. Sally made fun of us pregnant women sleeping with 10 pillows (she calls it "the fort") and said it's probably not necessary. So James is convinced that I no longer need them. Haha, even if she say's they aren't necessary I am still sleeping with them! Poor James! Next week we are discussing fetal development so that will be interesting. This week was about common concerns or complaints and what is happening to our bodies. Did you know that a non pregnant woman's uterous hold only 2 table spoons of liquid while a pregnant woman's uterous hold up to a couple of gallons? That blows my mind!

Well, we didn't get AC today. Instead we are getting it on Monday because we got a qoute for $850 cheaper. Oh well, can't complain too much. Atleast it's on its way!

1 comment:

DaveJenn said...

The only consolation is that you didn't have to do the test twice! They messed Jenn's up and she ended up doing it twice. Gross. And congrats on the A/C!!