Monday, July 23, 2007

It's a hot one!

Sorry about my lack of blogging the past couple of days. Honestly it has been too hot in our house for me to even sit down and think! One day the tempeture reached 31.5 degrees inside our house! We have now moved next door and we are camping out in our old room at my grandparents house! Feels like old times since this I have lived with them 2x before, and James lived there with me for 5 months when we were building our house. They are really good to us, we can't complain! I did break down without AC and have my grandpa calling around for qoutes. So far it's a one week wait, so we will keep my grandpa calling his connections.

On Saturday I convinced James to take me and buy the crib and dresser. I set up the dresser in the guest room but will leave the double bed set up until the end of summer. I just don't know who will be passing through Regina that needs a place to stay. But at the end of summer I will set up the nursery and put up the crib. My aunt Kristal sent some nursery/baby stuff to us and is sending more with my uncle in a couple of weeks. I am very happy that I have aunts that had children around the same time as me. We are blessed :)

I have been spending most of my afternoons in the pool like a little fish! I am getting a wicked tan!!! I LOVE MY POOL! I am becoming a very popular friend to have during the heat wave. But that's okay, the more the merrier!!!! If anyone wants to hang out and come over just let me know.

Well, I am off to have cheap wing night! (Even though I'm not eating wings right now and get dessert....) 9:00 pm at Brewsters South. Call me if you are interested in coming!

2 comments:

Sheena said...

Gee, we would have made it if I hadn't taken quite so many extra strength Advil to cause me to pass out and Conrad not even able to wake me up to go meet you there when he got home!
I hate migraines!

Melissa Denise said...

I am just glad you were not dead! James and I were sitting there going, "this is so not like them! Usually they would call... i hope they didn't get in a car accident!!" But that's okay! Hope your head is feeling better today and you are able to focus at work. We will have to do wings next week....