Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Just another Tuesday!

Hello All!

I had my 28 week checkup this morning. Everything is good with the baby, the heart beat was loud and strong! I have gained 7 lbs since my last visit, wow! So I am now topping the chart at 127 lbs, haha! I have gained 21 pounds over all!!!! WOW! My sugar test came back at little high with my blood sugar level at 7.2, the max is can be in the "normal" range is 7.8. So I have to watch my sugar and carb intake. Dr. T said that I have to be careful with the stuff that I enjoy eating because we don't want my baby too big! NO WE DON'T! My uterous is measuring 27 cms, so I guess I am pretty dead on in my belly measurements since I am 28 weeks pregnant. (For those of you who aren't aware, your uterous is suppose to equal how many weeks you are pregnant, example, if you are 24 weeks pregnant then your uterous will measure 24 cms!) Isn't that neat? She said that I am average size in the belly department, not sure why I still feel so small!?

Another great thing was that she decided to book us for another ultrasound! I could hardly contain myself I was so excited! I am not sure when it will be, probably at the end of the month or so. I was told that we would not get another one after our 20 week one because everything looked good but she said we might as well have another peek! Maybe this time our little peanut will decide to show off its "features" so we can get this name picked and determined! I will keep you posted as to when the date of our ultrasound is.

We have prenatal again this evening at 8:00 pm. I look forward to this weekly learning session. Tonight is our first birth video so I am quite excited to go! I am sure that James is dreading the idea of watching the video but I think it will be great! Maybe I will bring some popcorn for the video because last time I was sooo hungry by the time 9:30 pm came around. Ok, maybe I will just bring a granola bar and not a bag of popcorn, haha!

Well I should get going here. I have a full afternoon of showing houses! Have a great afternoon!

Melissa

1 comment:

Glendyne Gerrard said...

Hope you survive the birth video or maybe I should say I hope James survives! Seems to me my hubby had his head hanging down for most of it. Whether or not you see the video, the baby comes anyways! Hey, my blog is up and running - not without its share of difficulties, but hey, not bad for an old woman!

Glendyne