Friday, July 27, 2007

It's a GREAT day!

I have never been so happy to have the sound of tradesmen working in my house! I AM GETTING AIR CONDITIONING TODAY! It was suppose to come on Monday but my grandpa knows the owner of the plumbing company and they called and said they had an opening around lunch, would I be around? WOULD I BE AROUND? I would be more than happy to cancel anything I had planned to allow for A/C men to come! This is a very exciting day for a woman who is almost 7 months pregnant and has endured tempetures that I thought only tropical climates could reach. I would have though that with my southern roots I would have it in my genes to handle heat, but I guess my little precious "built in furnace" makes things just a tad bit too hot. But I'm sure he/she is roasting in my uterous at the same time. Hopefully this can cool us down a tad!

James and I are thinking that this might be a good weekend to head out to the camper and spend the weekend on the lake. Not sure if his parents will be around or if it will just be the two of us, but that doesn't matter to me. I think a nice weekend alone would be awesome. There won't be many more summer weekends to spend just the two of us. Hard to believe that our times of just packing up and hitting the open road are coming to an end. We are such live by the moment people and don't really before we just head out. There are often short trips to Walmart at 9:00 pm or walks around the neighbourhood in the cool of the night, we don't usually think too much before heaing out, we just leave. My how our lives will soon be changing.

But I think a little responsibility (for more than just a 3 year old dog) will be good for us. Time to grow up! I am just finding it really hard to believe all the stuff that has happened over the past 3 years since we got married. At only 23 (well, Im still 22) we have done many things. We are living in our second home, built a new house (and currently building our 3rd in the amazing community of Emerald Park), James has opened a contruction business that is doing awesome, managed to train and raise a dog, I have got my real estate license and started my career, and now in just 12 weeks we are becoming proud parents! WoW!! Where has the time gone? But it all makes me look forward to what's to come. Life is never boring in our household. We are busy people! But when you have a wonderful husband and family to share life with then being busy is good, as long as you take the time to enjoy being busy together :)

No comments: