Saturday, July 07, 2007

Packed to the Rim!

Time to start packing! I have bought SO MUCH STUFF over the past week I had no idea how I would fit it all into the 2 suitcases that I had brought down. When I came I had one bag full of "canadian goodies" that I thought I would fill with "american goodies" when I returned. Well, that suitcase is not even close to being big enough to housing all my "goodies". So I am having to rearrange my belongings to fit into my bags. And let me tell you, they are packed to the top! But I think I have it cased now. Everything fits in my suitcases except for my hair dryer, makeup bag and straight iron, so they will just have to go in my carry on bag (which I have to borrow from my mom because I didn't have one on the way down). Once whole suitcase is full of baby clothes, baby blankets, baby items, and a few items I bought for James.

The good thing about traveling home with a lot of luggage is that you don't have to wander far in the airports with all your luggage. At cutoms you take it off one baggage claim, walk through customs booths and put it on the next. I am thankful for that because I honestly don't know how I would pull these bags along! It's not like I am traveling with a strong husband to help carry my stuff.... why do we NEVER travel together??? Every time we travel we either drive together or fly on separate airlines. I think to all the places we have flown over the past four years we have only gone together once, haahah! Even when we went on our cruise James flew West Jet and I flew Air Canada.

Well, I did a trial pack before my real pack tomorrow evening. Looks like I will do okay. James is once again out at the lake this weekend. I think it's turning into his home away from home. That's okay... it would probably be too hot for him to stay in the house this weekend. I talked to him this evening and he said they caught 17 fish this afternoon. Ewww! Glad he is getting all this "boy stuff" out of his system before I return home. Because when I get there I am ready to set up the nursery!!! HURRAY!

Well, my mom and dad just returned from Walmart with some ice cream (my request). So I should probably go and enjoy it!

Later guys,

Melissa

No comments: