Monday, November 27, 2006

Light at the end of the tunnel!

I know that everyone is really excited to see pictures of the new house and I promise you they are on their way! I went to take some pictures this weekend but everything is such a mess that I decided to wait until Wednesday. Today we are getting our carpets for the bedroom and tomorrow we get the plumbing done... then we are finished!! Yup, seems like it has taken us forever but there is light at the end of the tunnel! James and I spent the weekend putzing around the house...

Saturday James finished the baseboard, which look awesome by the way! I came along an filled all the nail holes and painted the final coat on the base, making it look all clean and nice. We quit working early on Saturday because we were so tired!
Sunday we came home from church and had a lovely afternoon nap (something we haven't been able to do since before August!). After our nap we went over and put up the mirriored closet doors for the front closet, put knobs on all the bi-fold doors and cleaned up the bedrooms for the carpet layers.

In other news we woke up to snow for the first time on Sunday morning. What a lovely feeling that was! It really feels like Christmas now with the snow on the ground and the American TV stations playing all their holiday commercials. I am getting so excited to decorate the house for Christmas and play Christmas music! I just can not wait. Also, James and I are going to do some Christmas baking together... hopefully we will be able to make some great treats and have some company over to enjoy our new house!

I better go and register for Power, Energy, H20 and most important Cable! Later friends!

No comments: