Wednesday, November 29, 2006

So cold!

Hmmm..... Is it cold outside or what today?? BRUTAL! On Monday James called me from work (he works outside) and told me he was cold. I laughed and told him it was only going to get colder. Then this morning he woke up and turned on The Weather Network, only to hear that it would be -35 with the windchill! THAT IS SOOO COLD! Needless to say, he and Conrad are not working today. But that is okay because that means that the house will be finished today! HORRAY!!!!

Since James didn't go to work today and he parked his BIG truck behind my car for some unknown reason I took the truck to work today. I was so excited about the truck when we first got it, mostly because it is HUGE and it was all clean inside. Well, today it is still HUGE but clean it is not. I climbed (literally climbed, I use the steering wheel to pull me up) into the cab and it is soooo diry! Not just dirt, but there is garbage, winter clothes, a heater, plus materials. I don't understand why the cab gets filled with such stupid stuff. James has a 14' trailor that he pulls, plus a metal toolbox! He paid a lot of money for the toolbox too and to he justified it by saying he would keep the cab clean if he had the tool box... obviously he lied!

I was looking on the internet for Christmas gifts and I think I have the perfect ones for my family. Since they are known to periodically read this blog I will not disclose what the gifts are! Let's just say they are "authentically canadian since 1973 (I think)". It's PERFECT! I still have not gotten presents for _____ and _____, which we are exchanging on Saturday. I really need to get on that ASAP!

Well, I am going to call James and ask him if he wants to go for lunch today. Later!

4 comments:

chelsea rae said...

authentically canadian hey? sounds like beer!

Melissa Denise said...

Nope, Chelsea.... But it is a 4 letter word.....

chelsea rae said...

wine?

Melissa Denise said...

Chelsea... it's not a beverage. It's an item!